Join now - be part of our community!

No WiFi or Bluetooth on Z5

SOLVED
H00ps
Visitor

No WiFi or Bluetooth on Z5

Hey,

I'm getting no WiFi or Bluetooth on my Z5 (running 6.0). It says "Turning on...", but the switch never actually moves to the On position. Mobile data and everything else works fine.

Weird thing is, when I choose Help>Test, it says WiFi is fine; it "passed" the test. Also, although Bluetooth fails the test, it actually worked a few days back after I came out of Airplane mode. Were it not for these two things, I'd assume it's a hardware issue and send it to get repaired.

I've tried a system repair via Mac Bridge, but to no avail.

Is there anything I can do to confirm what the problem is? Are the WiFi and Bluetooth antennae located together on the phone's motherboard? Would a dropped phone have caused this, as I have a dent on the top right, which might explain this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to boot your device in safe mode. if it works then it must be a third party app that is causing this problem

If you could try to software repair using Xperia Companion again,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to boot your device in safe mode. if it works then it must be a third party app that is causing this problem

If you could try to software repair using Xperia Companion again,

H00ps
Visitor

You're awesome. Booting in safe mode showed that WiFi does work. So this is a software thing and not a hardware thing. Delighted.

Guess I just return to factory settings now.

Thanks so much for your help!

MichalHerman
Visitor

Hi

I have same issue with my Z5 after update to newest SW.

WIFI and BT doesnt work in safe mode too Slightly_frowning_Face

I am trying to backup and repair with Xperia Companion now, but I can not back up data etc. Its freezing always while "backing up other". Backup of photos and videos went OK. (tried on 2 PCs - same result)

Any  hint ?

Thank you beforehand.

Michal

EDIT:After backup to factory defaults WIFi and BT doesnt work too :((

Massmischief
Visitor

Try removing the SD card.

Didn't work for me. I'm actually over trying now. Last Sony piece of gear I'll buy, ever.

Sony was a good brand name. But there's a reason why they've only captured less than two percent of the global market...I'll leave it at that.

Six more months, and I can swap this phone for something that works, with better support.
Bifftek
Visitor

2/3 days ago my phone updates itself during the night and after that i can no longer use Wifi or Bluetooth. I press the "On" button for Wifi/Bluetooth but the phone either get's stuck in a infinte loop trying to turn on Wifi/Bluetooth or when it does eventually work the phone can't find find any devices at all despite being in range. And the few times when i successfully connect to my Wifi or Bluetooth headset it doesn't last longer then a couple of seconds or it randomly disconnects/connects all the time.

I have tried to repair through PC Companion but mid-way it automatically aborts and says there are some technical problems. I also tried to start the phone in safe mode but Wifi/Bluetooth still doesn't work. I have also tried to back-up all my APP data and then do a factory reset wich seemed to work at first but it didn't and now everything is even worse than when i started.