Join now - be part of our community!

No 4K option on YouTube App on Xperia Z5 Premium!

profile.country.GB.title
GreyFoxIndy
Explorer

No 4K option on YouTube App on Xperia Z5 Premium!

Hello everyone, I have got the Sony Xperia Z5 premium and I am trying to watch 4K videos in the YouTube app, I have enabled the filter to find 4K videos, which I know definitely run in 4K on a desktop computer, however I don't have the option to change the resolution to 4K within the YouTube app, it only goes up to 1080p. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
33 REPLIES 33
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Unfortunately it's up to Google/YouTube to set the phone into 4k mode when accessing the app... And then allowing 4k content to stream.
Tbh, YouTube, Netflix and other 4k providers have not done enough to provide support for 4k, you watch how quick they line up when samesung release a 4k panel...
Visitor

But now, once the app supports 2160p for XZ Premium, why can't the same change be carried over to the younger sister?! It would work fine...

greekfox1
Visitor

If anyone from Sony is reading this thread, now that youtube app is supporting 4K in the XZ Premium, is good time to try to convince Google to update it's youtube app in the Z5 premium in order to support 4k resolution in it. Remember that Sony Z5 Premium was your first 4K smartphone. It deserves better...

Boris79
Visitor

I buyed a z5 premium just yo watch Youtube at 4k and surprise!!!! The app dont recognize it...thanks a lot Sony....i did one of the worst purchase i could do....