Join now - be part of our community!

Forgot screenlock pattern

Pascal92
Visitor

Forgot screenlock pattern

Hello. I have this problem with my Xperia Z3 Compact. For two years I have had my lockscreen secured only with swipe. It was convenient but my phone would randomly unlock in my bag or in my pocket. Then many actions could happen - applications were launching themselves, phone calls were made etc. Last time, something worse happened - some of my SMS conversations were deleted. I was able to restore it from backup but decided to increase safety to prevent from such actions in the future.

I decided to lock my screen with pattern. As you can read in topic subject, I forgot the pattern almost immedietely. I know, I am stupid, should have used something simpler, but what's done is done. I am already aware of ways of removing lock pattern and I know that these action will wipe out my entire data.

I just want to know if performing reset via Android Device Manager or Sony PC Companion will erase my backups as well? As I said, today I restored entire conversation with backup. Will it be possible to restore all my conversations and contacts after reset? There are conversations I really care about, I can not allow to lose them. Please, tell me there is some way...

EDIT: I know there is a way to keep data safe with MyXperia, but unfortunately I didn't activate it on my phone...

0 REPLIES 0