Join now - be part of our community!

faulty phone

Benita10
Visitor

faulty phone

I have an Xperia z5 premium. A few months ago it over heated and the back screen cracked while i was holding it (i assume from the extreme heat) i did nothing about it as it didn't effect how the phone worked. Recently my screen broke ( the front of it) as in there is a strip of dead pixels that run down the whole right side that dispare when it hits low battery and sony refused to fix as they said i have caused physical damage to the phone(the back panel of glass) and quoted me $650 to fix it. This weekend just gone i realised the AUX jack is now not functioning properly either ( i have to hold the cord in at a very specific angle) and also the wifi refuses to stay connected on my phone despite working throughout the rest of my house. Sony has once again said i caused all this damage despite the phone being in a case the whole time i have owned it and never being dropped. At this point this is more a rant than anything. Do not recommend getting this phone as it is a piece of crap and sony refuses to aknowledge this fact or help

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Benita10

With all my due respect, neglecting the first back panel shattering is your fault. If you approached your Local support when this happened at the first time and it was proven that no point of impact caused this shatter, you'd have had the back panel fixed under warranty.

Now with the front panel broken also, the back panel damage will be assumed to be caused by the same hit that broke the front one, adding to the total maintenance cost. And any other physical issues like the audio jack will also be also added to the service.

This is how all service centers work, not Sony only, not mobile phones only. If you get a damage, fix it ASAP even if it's just a cosmetic one.

Benita10
Visitor

Yes i accept fault for not taking it in when there was just a crack along the back but 3 months later the pixels die on the screen not the actual screen braking so i send it in they give me that quote. Now over a month later the AUX jack has also broken and the wifi. No it did not all happen in one go no that quote was not to fix everything

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Benita10

I understand how frustrating this can be. Afterall, we are a bunch of users here and we'll not be able to help with any maintenance or repair issue. The only way is to contact your Local support and try to discuss the matter with them.

Benita10
Visitor

The reason i put what ended up being my rant up here is i know some of the problems i am having a lot of other xperia users are also having and maybe just MAYBE sony will see the great number of people it effects and actually do something about it as contacting local support did nothing for me