Join now - be part of our community!

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

SOLVED
juniormarbles
Visitor

Double tap to sleep home screen not working

Followed the prompt and set the switch to "on" .

Does this feature only work if lock screen/password is activated (which I chose not to)?

Please advise what else I need to do to make this work.

23 REPLIES 23
kubann
Visitor

Well done, marbles. I had the same problem. I activated the - from my point of view comfortable - tap-to-sleep-function somewhere in the menues but don´t remember the precise spot. After some time it didn´t work any more and I found no clue to renew the activiation. Starting my Z3c in safe mode didn´t help. But after finding your solution-post I tapped several times with different intervals and got the phone asleep. Thank you.

PS. I can´t suggest a repair without very serious reasons. I did it a few days ago because of malfunctions after the upgrade to build 23.5.A.0.575 but the backup from Sonys BnR was pretty incomplete and caused a lot of manual work.

kubann
Visitor

PS-2: It's fine to understand why the tap-to-sleep-function is not working reliably. But of course it would be even better if Sony could improve this feature as soon as possible. Not a normal user is able and wants to tap that precisely.

Myfix
Visitor

Had the same problem on my z3 compact. I long pressed on the home screen then clicked settings in the bottom rhs corner and chose the option to double tap to sleep.

Btw I had also set developer options prior to this by going into settings/ about phone and then tapping the build number about five times.

Hope this helps.

kubann
Visitor

Hi Myfix,

in the meantime I managed to reactivate  this function - in the same way. It works pretty reliable so far and I am satisfied again.