Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot upload media on whatsapp using data plan

Clau47
Visitor

Cannot upload media on whatsapp using data plan

After the last update (7.1.1) I can receive(download) all media using internet plan. But not upload, it fails. Sometimes voice messages go through.

It happens using whatsapp and messenger only. 

8 REPLIES 8
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Clau47, welcome to the community.

After you updated your phone did you update your apps too? If not, I recommend you do this now.

If you are still experiencing the issue then I recommend you contact the app developers for further assistance as Sony Mobile have no input into the development of third party apps.

Clau47
Visitor

Yes CameronT, whatsapp support was contacted by me. They said I should uninstall the app and install it again, after the back up. It did not fix the problem. I regularly update both apps. The problem remains. I took my phone to the carrier store. They said it is nothing to do with the internet access. I am out of ideas. Hopeless... Its very frustrating..

CameronT
Champion

@Clau47, I wonder if there are permissions restrictions?

In Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Permissions, is it missing any access?

Clau47
Visitor

No restrictions on the app.  I accept eeeevrything.   

Clau47
Visitor

It ONLY happens when I am using my data plan and only for upload. Friends send me video and stuff and I normally downlaod them. I can only send them pictures and videos and 67% of the time audio, when phone is connected to a wi-fi access...

CameronT
Champion

Is there a setting in whatsapp to restrict data? To transfer with WiFi only?

Because it's a third party app I don't know a lot about it. The best thing to do will be to contact the application developers for the best assistance.

Clau47
Visitor

I don't know if you have read my report. I have already contact whatsapp. I did what they asked. Unistall after a backup. Done. No change. My settings allow whatapp to transfer files through any kind of access and it is like this like forever. I restarted mobile. Nothing is able to fix this particular issue. I was hoping to receive a technical assistance from Sony. Sadly I am not..

It has begun After my last update.

It is uncredible frustrating to be left without a decent help. 

CameronT
Champion

I am sorry about that. I did read it, but Sony Mobile have no input or control over the development of third party apps. We can not update the firmware every time an app loses some form of compatibility because there are literally millions of apps available. It is up to the application developers to fix any bugs or issues with their applications. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you.