Join now - be part of our community!

Can't save contacts directly to Google

krissa
Visitor

Can't save contacts directly to Google

Hi all, 

When I try to add a new contact, I don't get the option of saving it to Google, although Google account is added.

Does anyone else have this issue? 

Thank you!

39 REPLIES 39
frankmattdsouza
Visitor

Got a Xperia M2 Dual. Recently updated to the Android 5.1 version and this problem suddenly turned up. Any ideas yet, guys?

kappadan
Visitor

remove the sim and insert to other slot and try ... if not working goto setting>perosonal>setup guide > run it

Sandeep27
Visitor

Hello friends even I had the same problem..and finally I've able to fix it.
Download "Contact editor free" from play store and try creating new contact..and select "contact editor" as default. It works like charm.
michaeloka
Visitor

I tray all this things and i still have the same problem
FaustoVetter
Visitor

Hi,

Installing "Contact Editor Free" sorted the issue for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Fausto

Netiv
Visitor

This is officially being dump of Sony, and they dont care even responding to this threat????

TagElMaaly
Visitor

I have the same problem, it’s really annoying that Sony didn’t solve this issue till now. I have Xperia T2 Ultra dual, when I add a new contact I receive a message “Your contact will not be backed up. Add an account that backs up contacts online?” and it gives me to choices “Keep Local” which save the contact without online backup, or “Add Account” which leads me to Exchange ActiveSync although there is Gmail account already added.

I realized that when I disable the SIM 2 and restart my phone, the problem is solved.

Please help me as I need to use the two SIM cards in my mobile and be able to back up my contacts.

Prady_1980
Visitor

I was into this problem with my Sony xperia c3 dual after upgrading it to 5.1.1. This trick solves problem. This is indeed problem with dual sim functionality.

Debanu
Visitor

I have also the same problem. Do anyone having any solution for the problem ? Please help

Settyvrn
Visitor

Cannot add new contacts