Join now - be part of our community!

auxiliary not working!

Cliffty1
Visitor

auxiliary not working!

AH!

My 2 month old Sony Xperia Z5 premium's AUX port has stopped functioning completely. I have tried using different headphones (5 pairs) and still playing audio through built in speakers.

Never taken the phone near water regardless if it's water resistant or not. Always had a protective case on it and haven't dropped it.

I am struggling to figure out what is wrong and why it's stopped now. I listen to music all the time through my phone so I need urgent help ASAP please!

Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Phy
Legend
Legend

Does it work while on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

How to boot on safe mode on Lolipop
1. press and hold the power key
2. once you get the pop up menu 
3. press and hold "power off" 
4. Boot on safe mode should become available
Ab3aljabri
Visitor

have the same problem and it does not work in safe mode either
RobertoDS
Contributor

Have u tried to blow, gently, inside the jack ? Or trying to clean with something tender so like a manual movement could repair something, as I'm hoping it for u Slightly_smiling_Face
Ab3aljabri
Visitor

I did all cleaning that I can do. I did every suggested troubleshooting that might fix it and still I not working.

RobertoDS
Contributor

And then last step is contacting your local Sony support for get a repair /control over your phone
Ab3aljabri
Visitor

Do they repair it in the United States..?  

RobertoDS
Contributor

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz5premium/contactUs/

Select your country

And then u can choose from

Chat, Phone and Email !

And there u're having instructions how to repair it
jeocava
Visitor

Tags (1)
Alex94
Visitor

I went to the store where I bought my xpz5 premium. They told me it's a common issue. They offered me to take it away for 2-3 weeks for repairs which I didn't want because it's a software problem (what is there to fix if it's a software?) and I don't want to be without phone for 2-3 weeks, so the quick solution is to download app called soundabout. It's 30 days free trial. 5$ cad if you want to buy it. Hopefully Sony will come up with a solution. It's a software problem.