Join now - be part of our community!

Remove do not disturb notification from status bar

SOLVED
Roesden
Visitor

Remove do not disturb notification from status bar

I like to keep my phone silent, the lowest  volume setting is vibrate so I use the do not disturb setting 

Is there any way to remove this notification ( round with minus symbol) out of top status bar and roll down notifications? 

Even system ui tuner cant remove this clutter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gagge1000
Visitor

You can set the priority to low and the icon wont show up. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

I see you mentioned System UI Tuner, but did you make sure to uncheck the "Do not disturb toggle" under "Status bar"? I just checked and it does remove the icon for me, although I don't use XZ Premium.
Roesden
Visitor

19451841_819791034842840_889230420_o.png

My language is set in Dutch (tried english too didn't see the option), I've seen guides that it should be an option somewhere but it's not there (also not above the section that is not included in screenshot) 

maybe it will be added as an option for new update?

Dsimpson
Visitor

Hi, 

Have you managed to fix this? I have the xperia x compact and can't get rid of the icon, incredibly annoying. 

alexGolen
Visitor

so this is interesting... according to this page:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxzpremiumdualsim/userguide/icons-in-the-status-bar/

The DO NOT DISTURB icon should appear on the right side of the status bar, replacing the "Vibrate" icon when activated. But for some reason, my xperia XZ Premium shows it on the lft side as a notification... this is a bit annoying as when I do turn the DO NOT DISTURB mode on, then lock the screen, I have no notifications to indicate that my phone is in that mode... In other words, it looks like the phone is set to regular mode.

Is that a sony issue?

castu92
Visitor

I have this problem too on my x compact. I keep my phone 100% of the time in do not disturd mode and it's very annoying to have that persistant notification. I'd like to have an option for disable it.

dandy63
Leader

@Roesden @alexGolen @najodleglejszy on the XZ Premium there is not the option under settings ~  display ~ select notification icons..... that disables this icon, & it is correct that it is located on the left side of the notification bar. For the moment i can not find any way of getting the icon removed......personally i think having it is a good visual aid to remind you that you have it enabled.  

alexGolen
Visitor

yeah, it is definitely a good thing to have the icon, but why not make it on the RIGHT hand side where it should originally be. That's how it is on the Google PIXEL phones, that's where the VIBRATION icon is, that's where all system related icons are.... so it's logicall to make it just there... oh well...

Roesden
Visitor

I don't really mind the icon on the top bar.
I still hope they can at least remove the persistent notification from the drop down notification bar, just a minor 'problem' though.

Thanks for the help everyone!

gagge1000
Visitor

You can set the priority to low and the icon wont show up.