Join now - be part of our community!

[Bug] Sometimes opening the camera causes the device to reboot

pribambas
Contributor

[Bug] Sometimes opening the camera causes the device to reboot

Does anybody else experience this issue?

This is third thread I'm creating about the issue. Previous threads moderators have moved to the development section, where nobody would guess that the bug relates to XZP. Unfortunately Sony doesn't give any feedback about whether they are aware of the issue. So I keep reporting.

/t5/Android-development/Bug-Kernel-panic-in-ecryptfs/m-p/1255933#M8738

Btw. is there a public bugreport system?

8 REPLIES 8
Kunicross
Visitor

I too have this issue, I think for some people reseting to default worked but I'll rather wait for the Android O upgrade. 

pribambas
Contributor

It seems to me that the issue relates to SD card encryption. Do you use an SD card? Is it encrypted?

Kunicross
Visitor

I use a SD card but it's not encrypted - I had the impression it happens most of the time when I unlock via the camera button.

So I changed to use the internal memory and used double pressing the power button today - still,  it did crash the same way.  🤔

The problem is that it happens maybe once in 20 unlocks which is enough to be annoying but not annoying enough so far to reset to factory defaults. (also makes it hard to see if it's fixed or not) 

Only think I could think of may be me running Bluetooth + fitbit charge 2 connected all the time... 

Kunicross
Visitor

Since last week I did not have a single reboot while unlocking (one happend but random) and I took very many pictures and videos this weekend.

Only things I did was remove the Amazon underground app and disallow apps from unknown sources Thinking_Face (in my experience so far whenever I mention the thing here it's fine for a week or so and then returns ☺️) 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

then make sure to report the issue every 6 days so that it doesn't reappear. that's how it works, right? Grinning_Face
pribambas
Contributor

The latest update (45.0.A.7.137) didn't fix this bug

Kunicross
Visitor

I had not a single crash since the upgrade (but a couple after my last post so writing in the forum all 6 days sadly does not work 😢)

But it's just about 2 days and this bug is way to unreliable to call it fixed. 😞

pribambas
Contributor

Mine crashed 2 or 3 times since the update. Seems to be more stable, but the bug is still here.