Join now - be part of our community!

Battery care

Steve1970
Visitor

Battery care

How long does it take for the 'battery care' feature to start kicking in? I have only had my XZ for just under a week, so is it a little too early?
23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Do you have Stamina MODE enabled? I think a week should be enough but you might want to wait few more days. 

Steve1970
Visitor

Hi uliwooly, no I do not. Okay, I'll give it a little longer. Loving the XZ. btw.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's great to hear Slightly_smiling_Face it's an amazing phone. 

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Steve1970,

About 1-2 weeks is right, but it will be more accurate if your schedule is quite consistent. So if you always plug it in at roughly the same times every day it will learn quicker than if you charge it sporadically. 

XuanTu
Visitor

Hi, I bought my XZ more than 2 month. Usually charge my XZ from 22h30 and unplug at 6h30 but the battery care doesn't work. 

I remember when I charged the 3rd time, battery care show up but I click on "changing the routime/the charge time (I don't remember exactly)", then each everytime I charge after that day, battery care not showing anymore.

Can anyone help me to find out what's happened? 

If I continous charge XZ without battery care with my routine (22h30 - 6h30), will my battery be ok after all?

Thanks.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

The battery will charge normally even without the battery care activated,  think of it of just an added benefit.  

Try to let your device relearn your routine,  deactivate and reactivate battery care and charge the device during specific time.  From my experience it will only give around 30 mins to an hour from the specific time you charge it to activate the feature 

xznewbie
Contributor

Hello guys...I have a question.. About this adaptive charging facility in XZ... Supposing you had a routine of short charging..where you will remove it from AC source when its fully charged. Then suddenly after a few Months you changed your recharging routine where you will the xz tethered to the charging current overnight. Will it be still able to adapt to your altered charging routine..? Can these adaptive charging be sustainable with fickle charging process..?
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

the description in the battery care settings, is that it will only detect when you usually leave your device charging for hours. so it will not count small time charges like maybe less than 30minutes (just a guess)...

xznewbie
Contributor

Hmm.. So do you mean until I leave it in charging status for a long time..That it remains full for several hours before I pull it out from the AC socket..? Then that's the time adaptive charging facility kicks in..? It doesn't really matter then if you subject it to erratic recharging schedules as the battery is protected by a software..?