Join now - be part of our community!

w960i wifi connection issues

Not applicable

w960i wifi connection issues

Hello. I hope someone can help me please. I just bought a brand new w960i from ebay. My problem is that it does not connect to my wireless network. I have tried different channels on my wireless network. I have just updated software on mobile phone today but still does not connect. I have also tried different types of security on the wireless and even disabled the wireless security altogether but still unable to connect. It will just say connection failed. My husband has a w705 and connects fine to wireless. Is there anything else I can try to fix this? All suggestions will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Dr_Chris
Champion

Have you enabled the Allow local conn setting (select Yes) under Internet settings (Main menu--Settings--Connectivity--Internet settings) on your phone?

Not applicable

Hello Dr_Chris,

I don't have the option to go to Main menu--Settings--Connectivity--Internet settings. My husband's w705 has got that option. But my w960i connects to wifi now, I don't know why. All I did was try and connect to a friend's wireless and got connected. Then when I tried connecting to my wireless network, it connected. Weird.