Join now - be part of our community!

sony style website says x10a has 4" multi-touch screen... check out the link your self

profile.country.en_GB.title
wfaddah
Visitor

sony style website says x10a has 4" multi-touch screen... check out the link your self

SonyStyle.com CLEARLY SAYS ITS MULTI TOUCH, is your x10 multi touch?

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&lan...

is that misleading or what?  its not multi touch, no its multi touch, no its not, yes it is... well my x10a is NOT....... who in gods name running this comapny, how do you keep your job?

7 REPLIES 7
wfaddah
Visitor

any thoughts about this? is there an option i am missing or an update i am missing that makes my phone multi touch?

sushidushi
Contributor

It was said clearly on the blog page that the phone's hardware wasn't able to support multi-touch, so it would seem that this is a mistake.  Unless the phone is now being made with a different screen that enables multi-touch to be used.

I have often found that websites (not just that for SE) havew misleading or simply wrong information, which raises the question of how one is meant to be able to make informed decisions about purchases...

Not applicable

sorry that I am about to ask a very stupid question...............  what is multi-touch?  what does it do?

wfaddah
Visitor

hahaha tow fingers touching the screen at the same time!  you know how you zoom in and out in the iphone?  thats what your phone does, but it does not, then its confirmed its not capable then its confirmed on the website that it is, but your phone is not.

I love my way of convincing! haha

Not applicable

I'm not saying whether it is multi-touch or not, all I'm going to say is that you can not definitively say whether your X10a is or is not multi-touch. If they have MT screens, the reason we are not able to use it that way is because Android 1.6 does NOT support MT. So, I guess we'll be able to actually tell if the screens on our X10a's are MT is after the Android 2.1 update. I have to admit that it is interesting that the website says that it has a MT screen though. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

wfaddah
Visitor

i am sure that every one in his mind especially in SE thought when they release the phone in the U.S. it will at least have 2.1!  this is why the web site was designed with that discription... and due to some decision that was made (a person in MGMT who did not the a problem with releasing a phone with an outdated 1.6 android would be the same person that probably refused any counter decision)  therefore it was released with the info of a 2.1 hahaha the way things at SE is a joke and i don't see any changes... THIS IS THE SAME EXPERIENCE WE GOT when i had the xperia x1.

Insanity is when you expect defferent results from the same rotine, therefor, i am officialy insane.  i was expecting different treatment from the same poeple.

Not applicable

Hi All.

First may I say that im in the UK and im talking about UK law.

I have a SE Xperia X10 and I got the x10 because it had multi-touch or so the Sony Style told me so.

Im now in talks with T-Mobile as I got the phone from T-Mobile. Under UK law I must talk to the people who sold me the phone and not SE.

As the phone dose not have multi-touch the under UK law the phone is not fit for purpose.

This means I can get my money back or a phone with the same specs as the X10 but with multi-touch.

T-Mobile have been great about this and are curently checking out that the Sony Style website did in fact say the X10 did have multi-touch.

I will keep you all posted but as i say Im talking UK law.

Colin