Join now - be part of our community!

mini pro big headache

Not applicable

mini pro big headache

I got my Mini Pro when it came out in the UK just over two weeks ago after waiting over 5 months for it. I have been looking for a small smartphone and this seemed perfect, size wise with all the functions and more. I was so excited and couldnt wait to get my hands on it but it turned out to be such a disappointment.

The battery and the wifi are the worse, for example, today I only got 7.5 hours out of it before it tells me to to start charging it. by just taking a few photos, finding my way using the GPS for a bit and receiving some emails and text and making a couple of quick calls. Surely there is a way to make it last longer, i usually have GPS off, wifi off, Bluetooth off, screen set to the minimum brightness, sync off, Data traffic disabled, but that kind of defeats the purpose of owning a phone like this no? and on these days with these settings the battery doesnt last much longer anyway. Plus it is so annoying going through the settings making sure these are off, even with the power control widget, with this phone it all feels tedious and in settings everything seems to be in a strange order with some pages with extra hidden menus and some without. whats that all about?

The phone is the first one i bought off line and i am beginning to regret it

The phone is slow waking up and seems to get confused easily and it crashes too. I don't know what it is due to but it now and then just freezes and restarts itself. Could it be because apps are running in the background and I am asking it to do too much too quickly? speaking about apps running in the background half the aps that are running i didnt even open or don't use, like the two RoadSync apps they pre-installed, why do they have to be running? by the way is there a way to uninstall them? them and the pre-installed games that just takes up space since i am not going to buy them. Why are things hidden in the file system when you connect it to the computer? why cant i chose what apps to keep and what to get rid off on my phone?

Sometimes the mini pro even disconnects from the network by itself after I enter my pin and connecting. It seems to just automatically disconnects without warning. The phone seems to have a thing for disconnecting, my wifi keeps disconnecting from my home wifi saying it is out of range. that is impossible since it usually disconnects when it is not moving on my table with the wireless router a meter away. it is really frustrating because it doesnt reconnect by itself at all unless i turn off the wifi on the phone and then on again, in the mean time it uses the data from my network which isnt much.

another thing but not really a big deal, the ringer volume on the side is reversed when you have the phone landscape. why cant it adjust to match what you see or be used as a way to scroll up and doen when online when you are not using audio.

Sorry for my rant, I do like the phone but it really irritates me, i hope sonyericsson sorts it all out before i throw the phone at a wall or something. I hope it is just a matter of updating the software and not a problem with the phone itself.

Another thing does anyone at sonyericsson actually read and reply to these messages? I dont think i have read any replies from them on any post yet

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

For saving battery time, I'm currently trying out an app called "APNdroid" that a friend recommended to me. It disables the 3G data connection but calls, SMS and MMS work. You can set it as a widget on your Home screen and then it works like a simple on/off switch. (If you want to uninstall it again, you have to make sure that your data connection is active. Otherwise you need to manually reset the APNs.)

Not applicable

Thanks Nicolyy,

I will try  APNdroid but i think i still want 3G to be enabled in order to receive emails. Although i can imagine it would be quite handy when the battery is low and you want to turn it off quickly.

Does any one know of an app that will automatically reconnect wifi when it automatically disconnects by itself?

Not applicable

Eh, just got my mini pro a week ago. I scroll to this forum and found this. I know it's late but what the hell, I'll suggest it anyway. Use juice defender. It only disable your 3g when locked and you can set it to peridiocally activate for a brief time so that your mail can update. It also has a smart use. When you are downloading, and the screen locked, it won't shut down your 3g. It wait for the download to finish, then it shut down.

Not applicable

wow 367 views and 6 replys.. lol this forum is full of voyeurs come to http://androidforums.com/ much more helpful community.. i made an identical post here and there no replys here got 4 on AF within 30 mins and SE admin are no use they will just give you a generic copy and paste answer that answers nothing!!

Not applicable

OHHHHH IM REALLY HAPPY TO GET A NICE LINES HERE WAT IM FACING NW.I TOO FACING SAME PROBLMS IM REALLY FED UP WITH DIS PHONE.IM BEGING SONY ERICSSON TO MAKE A NEW POWERFULL BATERY FOR EXPERIA X10 MINI PRO OTHERWISE ITS SHAME FR SONY ERICSSON.SOOOOO PLSSSSSS AS SOON AS POSIBLE PLSS INTRODUCE A NEW POWERFULL BATTERY IN MARKET FOR OUR PRO.N IN OLDER SONEY ERCISSON PHONES THER IS AN OPTIONS FOR ASKING SAVE FOR NEW NUMBER  DAT NOT INCONTACT LIST.I THESE PHONE DER S NOTHING LIKE USER FRNDLY OPTIONS...SO PLSS INCLUDE SUCH USER FRNDLY OPTIONS TOO IN NEXT UPDATE...AND DNT BE LATE FOR DAT UPDATES LIKE 2.1.IF ANYBODY FACING SUCH PROBLMS PLSS RESPOND..COMPNY SHULD TAKE RESPONSOBILITY AND TAKE THIS AS A SERIOUS ISSUE

THNX