Join now - be part of our community!

Ladies and Gentlemen, SE has spoken. 2.1 update in 3rd quarter is only a rumor

Not applicable

Ladies and Gentlemen, SE has spoken. 2.1 update in 3rd quarter is only a rumor

Ladies and Gentlemen

Just got a response from JEFF in SE support.  He has confirmed that Android 2.1 has not been rolled out to any market, anywhere in the world yet. AND there is no official annoucement when it will come out.  With only 1 week left in September, The whole 3rd quarter time frame is now confirmed to be humor and NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

So we are back to square one, praying, thinking that this out-dated software will come out one day (hopefully).

Good luck to us all.

12 REPLIES 12
KrazyD
Contributor

This is only your assumption after recieving a response from Jeff.

Not applicable

I think it's pretty valid assumption.  I hope I was wrong.

Today is 21st.  With 9 days left, We will all find out if the 3rd Quarter roll out is rumor or not.

Jeff
Enthusiast

For anyone new viewing this thread, I've responded to comments here: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/17160#17160

Rocco1
Visitor

Well said Jeff. That was what I was told when I got phone mid August.

Not applicable

boooooo! It is not good SE!! you promised what you can not comply, I advised a lot of friends to buy this phone, because when the phone will be updated, it will offer more than an Iphone 4, but oh! what we are realizing not good!!!

Not applicable

OK, 3rd Quarter and some in 4th Quarter.

We will just see if anyone, EVEN JUST ONE network in the world gets the update by the end of September.

by the way, we are not talking about a DATE, a certain WEEK, not even a specific MONTH.  We are talking about QUARTER (3 months)!!!!! 

Even if the update was finaly rolled out on 12/31 as promised in 4Q.  It is kind of pathetic for a big company like SE.

For cellphone technology, 3 months is a very long time.  If SE was rolling out 2.2.  I would be fine, even happy with it.  BUT they are rolling out 2.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just pathetic.  Really not sure why they are not listening to the customers and continue to think what they said (Q3 and maybe Q4) is ok.

sushidushi
Contributor

I fully realise that many people are looking forward to the Android 2.1 update for their phone, and are hoping for updates to Android 2.2 and beyond at a later date, but I am truly puzzled by the criticism in this thread and elsewhere that Sony Ericsson is not living up to its promise of Android 2.1 beginning to roll out by the end of September.  Yes, we are close to the end of September now, but there is still a week to go.  And no one, as far as I can see, hasd ever said that everyone will get the update to 2.1 by the end of September.

I suppose this is the power of the internet - someone starts a misleading thread, based on a misinterpretation of Jeff's answer elsewhere, and suddenly Sony Ericsson are evil liars.  Thinking_Face

Not applicable

nicely put. meanings are lost between messages passed.

Not applicable

SushiDushi

I think you are missing the point.

Sony Ericsson did say Q3 roll out gradually in different region and some in Q4.   But that's not what we are seeing.  We all know there is still a week left in Q3.  EVEN if they finally release the update on 9/30, that's not exactly what they said.  How come it isn't the beginning of the Q3, Middle of Q3?

BUT, they are clever.  They used the word Q3 and also Q4, so if they don't successfully release the update in Q3, they are still somewhat covered by the statement.

For a big company like Sony, that's not good.  When other phone companies can give their customer a specific week or date or update release, The company you greatly support has given us a 6 months period/range (Q3+Q4)

With all those criticism from all the angry customers, you would think a great company would act on it right away and push out the update even sooner than what they promised.  (Apple for instance, act on the attenna issue right away).   But NO, they did not say a word, they wouldn't confirm anything.

Which leads the customer to think.....   what's wrong with the company?  or with the phone that they cannot make a simple 2.1 software update (well, simple for a big company like SE).  Is the phone not capable to upgrade to 2.1? or are the people in SE not capable of doing their job?

This is just on 2.1 version...   we don't even need to talk about the 2.2 people are hoping to get.

anyway, NOT SAYING SE ARE LIARS, JUST SAYING MAYBE THEY ARE INCOMPETENT and TERRIBLE ABOUT BEING UPFRONT WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS. (With this X10 phone, I was happy with their non-smart phone before)