Join now - be part of our community!

How IMEI number is created

Not applicable

How IMEI number is created

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how an IMEI number is created for a mobile phone (process of creating).

Thanks

Sri

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is on all GSM and UMTS mobile phones, commonly found in Europe, Asia, Africa and increasingly in America. Verizon Wireless & T-Mobile are the major US carriers but there are growing numbers of regional carriers who are switching to GSM like Centennial Wireless, Highland Cellular, Dobson Cellular to name a few. Mobile phone companies can use the number to identify valid subscribers and the type of equipment used. The carrier could thus use the number to remotely disable the phone in the event it is stolen or reported lost and customize data content to be compatible with the type of equipment used, among other things.

Steps

1. Ensure your phone is powered on.
  2. Return to the "in the middle of a call, end it, and clear any numbers you pressed while making that call.
  3. Press the following keys one by one: * # 0 6 #
  4. As you press on the last #, a number will appear with the title, IMEI number, or similar.
  5. And if you store this *#06# as a phone number in your contacts with the some name, say, IMEI Code, then next time when you dial IMEI Code from your contacts, it will show you the IMEI Number. That way you won't forget the *#06# sequence.
Not applicable

Can we read IMEI number using java code ?

If so, could you please explain me how it can be.

Thanks,

Sri.

Not applicable

I have no idea regarding the same ... Slightly_frowning_Face

Not applicable

Is it possible to read IMEI number by using Google Apps or iPhone Apps ?

Thanks,

Sri.

Not applicable

dont know