Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X main microphone stopped working from phone and Skype app.

Pascal2
Visitor

Xperia X main microphone stopped working from phone and Skype app.

Hello,

I am using a Xa1 and the microphone stopped working ... in fact during a call. Not working since then.

I can still use heaphones mic.

I run the microphone test from Settings, and the microphone checks out. (I can record and listen to myself).

I have tried to find soltions (someting about "ask google") but nothing has worked so far. Either I can't find the specific setting or did not work...

It is FR issue, so FR system.

Pascal.

1 REPLY 1
Pascal2
Visitor

Good morning to all,

Last night I thought I had figured it out.. When I run the test following: *#*#7378423#*#*, clearly more advanced than the test I did earlier, I noticed that the main mic. was not responding but the secondary was (primary mic is at the bottom, secondary at the top, secondary would be activated for "speaker phone" use). So the possibility would be that the setting/diagnostic test would not make the difference?? It just does not sound right.

Also I thought I had tried the speaker phone option before posting my initial message and thought it was not working either.

I left the phone alone charging all night and SUPRISE, it is working this morning...

So it is either some hardware issue with a shaky connection, or as I was playing with the software options left and right. I would have done something right ;-). Unfortunately, I lean on the first, shaky hardware. (shock? Humanity/oxidation?).

Will try to review what I did an if I find something that might have helped. I will let you know.

Pascal.