Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia xa1 keeps shutting down.

shark321007
Visitor

Sony xperia xa1 keeps shutting down.

My Sony xperia xa1 shuts down and won't turn on unless plugged in to charging even if the battery is 90% and first red light come up and then it boots up. I bought phone on 23/09/2017. 

10 REPLIES 10
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @shark321007,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly_frowning_Face

I recommend that you temporarily remove any SIM and SD card you may have in your device to see if they may be causing this behavior.

If you are still experiencing the same behavior I'd recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Let me know how it goes.

N3W0LD3R
Visitor

I did solve the problem. It is whit the copper film on the backplate making contact with the mainboard and making a short circuit. To solve it you need to remove the backplate and taping down the copper foil with some tape and reinstall. a sheet of thin paper could also work just make sure you won't cover the flasher. Btw when you knocking the backplate while the phone is turned on before the fix the phone will shut down.

Pradeepu
Visitor

Sounds like a manufacturing defect to me. Lot of xa1s seem to be plagued with manufacturing defects? What a shame...

By the way, by what you did your self you might lose warranty.

mumof4
Visitor

hi how do u get the backplate off this is the second time this has happened to me with this phone, had it repaired by phone company thr first time but started doing it again today, they replaced the mother board battery earpiece etc 

Vegetable_Vampi
Visitor

Hi @N3WOLD3R Which on should I tape it?

Sony.png

xa1a
Visitor

Mine has just started doing this as well. 3 times in 2 days and it's not practical to constantly have the charger at all times in case it does it while I'm out

This and the constant signal problems make this the worst phone I've ever owned

Rikard000
Visitor

mine started with keep shutting down and i thought it was the "shut down" button that was pressed in my jeans. However then i saw it did it just laying around. After a day or to I tried again and then it started. I copied my pictures to the computer and after a day or two the phone died again.

Was about two month old.

Seem to be some hardware problem that short circuit it. Realy low quality phone!

Hellraizzzer
Visitor

Worst phone ever!!! Keeps shuting and its my work phone!!

Dennis4
Visitor

It happens to me. When i cover the top part and hold it (where the front camera area is...) it shuts off...and i thought updating it would fix it but it didn't. i bought the phone about 9 months ago. I plan to get a battery pack to turn it back on...