Join now - be part of our community!

Sd card

Broluch1
Visitor

Sd card

How do you transfer apps to SD card, in my old son zx3 I was able to do this but my XA2 doesn't seem to be able to do this

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @Broluch1, welcome to our community!

The Xperia XA2 does not support transferring applications to the SD card, that is why haven't been able to do so.

Some applications however support that you are saving data from them to your SD card, for example if you have downloaded music in certain applications and so forth.

I hope that answers your question!

Rick2000
Visitor

How about just transfering regular files? (EX: Music, Photos, and Movies) I've been looking to free up some of my space on my phone and this is what I've been getting told "Settings > Storage > Transfer data to SD card." but transfer data to SD card isn't there.

keds02
Visitor

My xa2 doesn't have a tray for the sim, only the network card. How did you get one in your phone? Thanks!

Broluch1
Visitor

Where your sim card goes as you look at it to the right is a slot for SD card, that's where mine is 

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

@Rick2000, that sounds very strange. Is the SD card recognized by the device? If you go to Settings > Storage, you should be able to see both the internal storage and your SD card here. If the SD card is not mounted correctly or not recognized by the device, you will not have this option in here.

On the link below you can see how to a SD card in your device.

Single SIM device

Dual SIM device

@keds02, depending on if you have the Single SIM or Dual SIM version of the device, it will look a bit different when mounting either card (SIM/SD). Keep in mind that a network card is the SIM card. An SD card is often referred to as as memory card.

Take a look at the links below on how to mount your SIM card(s) or SD card

Single SIM device

Dual SIM device

@Broluch1, that is correct! Slightly_smiling_Face

On the Dual version of the device, the SD card tray will look a bit different as it will be used for either a second SIM card or an SD card.

Let me know how it worked out for all of you!