Join now - be part of our community!

ustream not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jfpart
Visitor

ustream not working

I have tried to use ustream as the app with one problems, the app loads fine and works well re searching etc but when I try to play any live feed such as the international space station the video screen stays black with the buffering wheel going continously.

I have also tried to run it in the stock browser, dolphin and others as android, desktop even tried the ipad setting in doldphin but without success.

any ideas?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jfpart
Visitor

Problem solved! managed to re program my router to optimise the aol connection, pppoe instead of pppoa, changed a couple of numbers as per aol instructions, made it a router rather than a bridge connection and hey presto ustream works, bbc iplayer works, even logining in to websites such as amazon now works, the tablet has at last come to life! so if you have problems do check your router settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
suntattood
Visitor

I agree. It seems that it will work right, but everything turns differently when it comes to playing live feeds. Is there a way to fix this or this just need an upgrade?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

i would contact the makers of this app by email provided in the Google Play description of the app.

jfpart
Visitor

Tried many things and decided to log on to the btopenzone out in my street and it all worked, even the bbc iplayer was working and that was with a slow connection. following this i logged into my router to check settings and apart from deciphering the gobbledygook stuff couldn't see anything that could be changed to make it happen,

can anyone suggest what specific settings i may need to make these things work on my broadband rather than the public one, have tried port forwarding, firewall settings all having no effect, the strange thing is that my laptop works on the same websites and connection,

any suggestions?

jfpart
Visitor

Problem solved! managed to re program my router to optimise the aol connection, pppoe instead of pppoa, changed a couple of numbers as per aol instructions, made it a router rather than a bridge connection and hey presto ustream works, bbc iplayer works, even logining in to websites such as amazon now works, the tablet has at last come to life! so if you have problems do check your router settings.