Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S stuck in a reboot loop?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
mozzy22
Visitor

Sony Tablet S stuck in a reboot loop?

This may be long winded but I want to paint a full picture.

I received a Sony tablet S for Christmas after the first day of use, the tablet restarted on its own and then just got stuck in a reboot loop (kept rebooting every 2 mins approx). The only way to stop the reboot loop was to do a full factory restore.

I brought it back to the store and it was sent away for repair after 10 days it was returned and the power cable had been replaced. The same issue happened again after a few hours of use so I brought it back to the store and they gave me a replacement (i.e a brand new tablet) assuming it must be a faulty device.

However the new device has also started going through this reboot loop and I've had to do a factory restore again.

I've read numerous forums for days and can't find any similar issue, has anyone ever had this problem before or have any idea how to fix it, I don't want to go back to the store again.

Any help or suggestions would be grately appriciated I'm at my wits end with it at this stage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mozzy22
Visitor

Hi Kiwi,

Apologies in the delay on coming back to you. The recent android update seems to have resolved this issue. It now works like it should andit hasn't rebooted or got stuck in a loop since the update.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Hey mozzy - you probably saw the other posts on here about the reboot loop?  I only had it once myself - I put it down to some weirdly corrupt media file that was making the media database rebuild go mental, so wiped the thing and have used MediaGo to transfer media ever since - and now, no problems.  THat's my only suggestion!

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
Kiwichristian
Visitor

Hi from New Zealand.

I had the SAME issue with mine.

Returned the original to the place of purchase and got a new one, this time a 32GB one instead of 16GB.

I have had the SAME problems THREE times.

The third time just whilst I was looking at the device!

There does not seem to be any contributing factor that I can think of that would cause this.

How are you getting on now with the device?

I like the looks of the Sony and the universal remote and DLNA streaming are really attractive, so i dont want to have to get another brand.

Just on the phone to Sony NZ and the person said this was the first boot loop issue she has heard of.

So, does anyone know WHY this is happening to the Sony tablets.

I always thought Sony were a very good brand.

My other option is to ditch it and get a Samsung galaxy, but that has no usb or card ports.

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
Kiwichristian
Visitor

Hey, amillionbytes, what is MediaGo?

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

hey Kiwi,

Media Go is Sony's media player and transfer app for all its mobile devices

http://mediago.sony.com/enu/download

it will add all the media senseme data to your music, and you can add playlists, do podcast sync... all good !!

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Doesn't work on a Mac though :slight_frown:

Padster

mozzy22
Visitor

Hi Kiwi,

Apologies in the delay on coming back to you. The recent android update seems to have resolved this issue. It now works like it should andit hasn't rebooted or got stuck in a loop since the update.