Join now - be part of our community!

sony in ireland

profile.country.en_IE.title
redtopper1

sony in ireland

hi i bought the sony s tablet in good faith ps store and sony reader but none of these work in ireland why not i thought this tablet was brill till i got it home and most of the selling points dont work in ireland if i knew this before there is no way i would have bought it feel cheated by sony again .is there way around this or will sony finally look after its irish customers dont think so

Message was edited by: redtopper1

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Hi red,

I'm afraid I can't speak for sony or comment on irish support - but I woud venture that there isn't a massive amount in the sony store, for the e-reader there are plenty of other apps and formats etc where you can get books and readers.

The tablet has been great and I generally use it daily for various different use cases it's still a great tablet, and I prefer it to my wifes ipad but they both have things the other can't do - I wanted something that wasn't a big version of my iphone, that was different but on an open format (Android) - in that case the sony s met my needs and still does. I don't care that some of the proprietry stuff didn't work as I wanted from the start there were apps available that did and now Sony have updated.

I'd suggest that you list the things you want from a tablet and see what the tablet s meets natively, what can be met by apps and what can't be done - if your third list is the largest then it seems the tablet s isn't for you - if either of the other two lists win out then hopefully you'll see the tablet as more than useful.

If there is stuff you find you can't do try asking here - people are quite knowledgeable and helpful and may have a workaround for you.

HTH

Padster

redtopper1

thanks padster i understand what u r saying but i bought this in a sony shop in ireland where they told me bout the great e reader and the ps store i like the tablet but this really bugs me why cant we get these things in ireland whats the difference in dowloadind something in england or ireland we already have ps store on the ps3 so it cant be that hard

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Dont be to disapointed about the PS store. Theres 36 old PS one games, having played a couple of free ones I can say that I'll never pay for them. For me its not a selling point for the tablet

As for reading books, the reader store is poor. Expensive and a small selection. In fact if you want an ereader get a dedicated one.

Having said that, if the Sony staff told you something that was not true I'd be complaining as is sounds like misselling to me.

One question, what can you get from the Google Play store?

redtopper1

thanks,but thats  not the point why cant u get what u pay for, people got it in england so why not ireland is it not sony europe .this tablet was meant to be the one thing u need for multimedia which includes a e bookk reader and ps store and sony video app dosent work . dose anyone know if these will be relased in ireland and if not can u get rid of them  thanks this really bugs me with sony