Join now - be part of our community!

Getting apps from the right Sony store?

profile.country.en_GB.title
avoworld
Visitor

Getting apps from the right Sony store?

I bought my tablet in Australia, live in Australia and have set the language to use as English (UK). I have ICS installed and all seems well.

When I look at the Sony app store practically everything I see is for Indonesian products. Does anyone know how I can access Australian or European products, please? Is there a way to change the market location?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

1. What is the type number of your tablet? The last two chars are a country code.

2. The Sony App store (the PS Store) brings you to the shop of the country connected to your Sony Playstation account / Sony Entertainment Network account. You should check what country is registered for the account you are using. You should also check if you are logged-in with a Sony Playstation account in the PS Store.

An option is to make a second account (using a second email adress) and base that account in the UK. You should use that account to log into the app. It works for me that way. I see prices in dollars if I am not logged in at all, I see prices in pound sterling if I am logged in. You can disconnect your current Sony account from the tablet under Settings - Accounts. If you start the PS Store after that, it asks you to provide a sony entertainment / sony playstation network account again.

3. Something similar happens to Google Play store, but that one gives different content based on the country of your wifi / 3g connection.

profile.country.en_GB.title
avoworld
Visitor

Thank you so much for a detailed reply.

1.SGPT112AU/S

2. I have successfully created a UK account at the PS Store and the prices appear in £. Unfortunately if I then choose Select App on the home page I still get 'Sony Tablet - Asia Pacific'. I went to the contact link and changed it to Australia but I'm still only seeing Indonesian stuff.

3. I suppose I'm stuck with my Aussie wifi connection!

I'll keep trying. Thanks again for giving me a few better ideas.