Join now - be part of our community!

WF-SP700N and Google Notifications

profile.country.GB.title
richardbrunton
New

WF-SP700N and Google Notifications

Hi there.

Not long bought WF-SP700N's and I have to say I love them. Running or cycling with them on trails is superb, and then pause them, switch on ambient noise, and I can cycle the short distance home on the road and still be completely aware. Plus the audio quality is superb.

However. I'm noticed that Google Assistant integration is there but Google Notifications are not read out over audio, a huge issue for me when I bought a wireless audio option with Google Assistant built in.

Sony via Twitter have said it's a Google issue, nothing to do with them, which seems to ignore functionality and the customer, however. Looking at Google help files it suggests I can turn it on by starting the Assistant on the phone, select the compass icon, select settings, select devices, and I should see my earphones listed there to be able to turn Notifications on. They aren't listed there, just my Google Home and Google Pixel. Yet my earbuds are connected and work in every other way.

Anyone managed to get notifications read out through the earphones?

Thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Hopefully one of the forum members have had a similar experience and can help out.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
richardbrunton
New

No one came back to me. No one at all.

However, I did email Sony and got some support, but not much. Basically they told me that the integration with notifications was all down to Google and Google Assistant, nothing to do with them.

Interestingly I've recently upgraded from a Piexl to a Pixel 3, and when the earbuds are connected you can now get the option to select the Google Assistant button you've assigned to have your notifications read out.

That's perfect. However, it took me buying the Pixel 3 (which Sony didn't say anything about) and/or having Android Pie, and now the earbuds disconnect automatically after about a minute or so. So although I now have the feature, the earbuds are utterly useless.