Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Walkman will not play

lorijo17
New

Sony Walkman will not play

I have a Sony Walkman nw2-w262 that will not make a sound when it is on. The computer shows that it is 98 percent charged. The green light will blink every 5 seconds like it is supposed to when it is on. No sound it coming out of it and I have checked and pressed the volume button to see if the volume was down. I have pressed the reset button. This item worked fine for the first few months I had it, and all of a sudden it was having issues. Does anyone have any ideas on things for me to try? I am hoping it isn't something silly I am not doing as I do not want to throw this item away for nothing. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
beckybex
New

Bought a nwzs758 in feb 1013

Last month after charging, screen went blank nothing would play.

After charging again, could hear the audio book and could navigate by guessing but no screen display.

Use daily and love library audiobooks so went and bought new NWZ E585 after checking that the same functions.

Tried to upload books from old player and kept getting error message despite folder showing up on computer but no files to play. Errom message says no media rights permission.

Assumed that I was at fault but returned to the problem tonight and after 3 hours and lot of hassle realise that my library uses Overdrive program and in their help pages they note that Sony walkmans post 2012 no longer support DRM files I think that means that it will not play my audio books so to check I copied a cd from my Media player and this uploaded fine

So here I am having spent a £100 on a new player that does not do what I want, I have not even unwrapped the ear phones so I will return it and the feb purchased one. 

I bought this product as it supported BBC i player and played audio books despite being unhappy that despite putting the hold button on, frequently the player switches on in a bag or pocket but I am really fed up now as this is the 3rd player I have had in 2 years so I am no longer going to get Sony products.