Join now - be part of our community!

SONY NWZ-W273S Won't Charge

SONY NWZ-W273S Won't Charge

Hello,

I've had the Sony NWZ-W273S MP3 player for a couple of years. I haven't worn them in water, but use them for running so I don't have to carry my phone/seperate MP3 player etc. I've recently found the charger doesn't recognise the player when connected and so it doesn't charge. The red indicator light might flicker on and off, but won't stay static long enough to produce a charge. I've tried this with my laptop and a wall USB plug and both have the same problem. I imagine the player is out of warrenty, so I'm wondering if there is an easy-fix solution, or if I'm going to have resign to buying a new pair?

Thanks very much.

6 REPLIES 6
johnnyzap

hi there my device just isnt recognized by any pc and wont charge,ive hardly used it so very dissapointed it seems to be a common problem mentioned on the internet often...if anyone finds a cure pleeeeease let me know-cheers

johnnyzap

hi again,i have had success getting my nwz device like yours ,it is now being recognized again! heres what i did not sure which part worked but id try the software install firstly

1; download 'content transfer installer v13 i also downloaded 'media go' software which is available in the same place as the content transfer...' its on the sony site link below

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-W273S/#SoftwareAndDownloads

i loaded up my laptop

and it didnt work straight away so left it alone for around 10 minutes with the nwz device plugged in  and as the software eventually installed the charge light lit up on the cradle!! and is now functioning (so far)

pryor to doing this i also sprayed the cradle with 'servisol electrical cleaner' where the metal contacts meets the ear piece i sprayed those metal contacts too and rubbed them with a toothbrush then resprayed them and left them for 10 minutes,not sure if it did anything but i was desperate!

good luck let me know if it works for you

carolinelynn
Explorer

tried doing that and had cleaned with water and toothbrush do not have the spray ....it keeps saying connect device and it will not connect how do i find a repairer as am sure it had a years guarantee with amazon do not know what to do now as bought it 22 august 2015 anyone please help !!

johnnyzap

mines stopped working again..charged it up and it powered down after 45 mins or so ,sony have been no help at all ...

johnnyzap

the sony centre leeds told me theyre a private company and all repairs are sent to somewhere in wales and you have to supply receipt so i guess you could check with your credit card people to prove date of purchase..good luck

carolinelynn
Explorer

hello,followed instructions to repair with a download this worked after some time but when i tried to charge again it did not get reconised or conect to laptop so am trying the repair all over again ...am also ashamed of sony as i tried to get advice from them and have had nothing back so far not to happy !