Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MP3 players

Sony MP3 players

I’m looking to replace my Sony NWZ-639F MP3 player.

I have two “must have” features, SensMe and (at least) 16GB. It seems that the only two that have these are the NWZ-E575 and NWZ-E585 players.

However I also would much prefer to have a player with a metal rather than plastic case. There seems to be no information on the Sony web site relating to this, does anyone know what the case construction is?

Two other questions...

Does anyone know if both players are sold in the UK and, are there any other Sony MP3 players that meet these requirements?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
bonegri
New

Sony seem to busy trying to pander to the desires of ipod owners than they are in providing for users of their own products. I wanted a dock for my walkman and i hadd to trawl through all the ones compatible with iPods in all the formats before finding one, which wasn't even that good. Now, I've spent weeks searching for an mp3 player with a capacity of more than 16gb, preferably Sony, but pretty much to no avail. A couple of Cowon ones, mostly ones that are discontinued, as some of the newer ones look horrid. I've been forced to go down the iPod route after years of resistance. What swung it (I plumped for an iPod Touch 64gb) was the fact i can use it to keep my little one entertaied as we travel frequently. Gutted not to be able to avoid the ubiquitous Apple.