Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MP3 docking machines

profile.country.en_GB.title
csvkoh
Visitor

Sony MP3 docking machines

Do people think Sony is abandoning the walkman? It does not even support itself by appearing by not making docking machines for its own walkman MP3 players, instead churning more machines for iPods.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
chcolli63
New

Total sympathy for your problem - I want to base my home audio system around my Walkman and went looking for a docking station today in Dubai Mall. SONY shop, heaving with all of Sony's great products but not one dedicated docking system for Walkman apart from Alarm Clock systems. I don't want an Alarm Clock, I want quality sound and r/c compatibility for my Walkman!

But they DID have a docking station that's compatible with the iPod. Can you credit it? In other words, if you want to listen to a portable Mp3/4 player without cans on, DON'T buy a Walkman! My best bet, if I want to use any kind of speaker system for my Sony, is to buy a docking station and use the mini-jack CABLE connection... which means no remote-control compatibility, of course. Crazy!

I've just written to Customer Support about this to complain - why does the WORLD insist on forcing us to use Apple's i-this and i-that...?

Slaboyo
New

I fully agree. I refuse to have any Apple stuff now. I did in the past and it's overpriced junk. People tend to purchase Apple products, not because they are good, but because it's trendy.. Morons! The fact tha a company like Sony don't have speaker docking stations for their own product but make them for Apple products is quite franky unbelievable.