Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSX-A40UI Car Radio Stalk Wired Remote Problem RM-X2s

Sony DSX-A40UI Car Radio Stalk Wired Remote Problem RM-X2s

Hi,

I've bought a Sony DSX-A40UI car radio. It has a rear jack for a Sony wired remote. I'm using it with an RM-X2s.

On the first head unit I had, the wired remote control worked for about an hour after the radio was turned on and then it stopped working. No response at all. You had to turn the head unit off and wait for a few hours before the remote worked again.

So, I took the head unit back for a replacement.

On the second head unit, the wired remote works for about 2 minutes after switch on. Same deal again. You have to turn the head unit off afor a few hours and the (wired) remote works again.

I've tried using the wired remote with an old Sony car stereo, and it works no problem, so that rules the remote out. Given these remotes are just abunch of switches and resistors, I'm inclined to believe it's the radio at fault.

Is anyone else having this problem?

The head unit works fine with the infared remote (even after the wired remoate has stopped working). Rest of the radio works fine as well.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
saenglish
New

Hi,

I am having the same problem wot the rmx2s connecting to a dsx-a400bt.

Did you ever find a solution to the problem of the wired remote not working after a couple of minutes?

regards

Hello,

Apologies for the delay. I couldn't get past the humman verification ckecks on this forum. Had to change my browser and create a new account to answer you. This forum runs that many scripts you must have the latest of everything to get a log-in to work.

I couldn't get the stalk to work. Took the radio back to Halfords and they changed it for me. Same problem with the new radio. So, this is either a design problem with this radio or the spec sheet is wrong. Had a multimeter on the stalk plug and the resistor network is in spec so it's not the stalk.

FYI, I've noticed another problem with this radio. If you cycle through the inputs (aux, usb, radio) you sometimes loose the equaliser so the audio will sound flat. The solution is to cycle through the inputs again quickly and land on the input you wanted. Thet equaliser then returns.

Regards,