Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ - Z1060 crashed after firmware update

ddutta123
New

NWZ - Z1060 crashed after firmware update

My Sony NWZ - Z1060 walkman was acting funny and going slow from last 2 days, and when I checked online the website took me to the section where it prompted me to go through the firmware update steps. Did that, and since then my walkman is now stuck on the start screen where the walkman logo shows up and nothing happens at all. I cant even turn off or restart the device. Cant even get through for any tech support. Such a big company like Sony and such crap service and support. hating it. 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi ddutta123 and welcome to the Community.

Before anything else, have you already tried pressing the reset button?

(I believe its on the back)

ibody04_16.png

ddutta123
New

Have tried resetting; doesn't work. Tried all other sony online troubleshooting steps; nothing works. When approached the sony centre, they clearly said they cant even recognise sony ever made this product. 3 months now and absolutely no help from sony whatsoever. If it was a cheap product I would have given up. But for a 300 pound worth product you would expet lts life. Finally, even tried ringing sony tech support and was on hold for nearly half hour on a monday morning and still couldnt get through. This was my 5th phonecall trying to reach sony. I guess there is nothing more for me to try !!!

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

ddutta123 sounds like your Z1060 may need a repair so the only option would be to try contacting support again.