Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-W273S - Content Transfer MAC Problem

stirtloe
New

NWZ-W273S - Content Transfer MAC Problem

I am running OSX 10.11
My processor is an Intel Core i5

When connected to the mac with the supplied USB cable and dock the walkman appears as a disc on the desktop I can drag and drop folders into it using Finder.

However the sony content transfer app does not recognise the walkman. It just stays on  "Please connect the device". 

When I connect to my Windows laptop the windows content transfer app works; so the fault must be with mac content transfer app.  I have deleted and reloaded Content Transfer.

- any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
slitus
New

I have the exact same problem, and I'm running Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.1

Come on Sony, please help us out!

profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

Hi 

Did you solve this problem? I've have the same issue with a NW-ZX100. I've even done a software update and that worked but no icon in the Content Transfer window?

Many thanks

williap
New

Same problem for me.

Whilst I can still drag and drop files to the device, it would be useful to see if this application is better.

El Capitan update required.

profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

No luck with Sony Support, they didnt even know about the Content Transfer, software kept wittering on about Media GO (for windows)!!!

I'm trying Dapper, but it throws up more error messages and misses out loadsa files. But I am using it for the hard drive to get the playlists on.

There's an issue with Micro SDs I've found. They seem to reject the .3mu Playlist file!

The big issue with these new players is the fact you have to specify which drive to load. If it was seemless transfer across both there wouldn't be so many issues.

johnnyzap

hi i have had success getting my nwz device like yours working had same issue ,it is now being recognized again! heres what i did not sure which part worked but id try the software install firstly

1; download 'content transfer installer v13 i also downloaded 'media go' software which is available in the same place as the content transfer...' its on the sony site link below

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/NWZ-W273S/#SoftwareAndDownloads

i loaded up my laptop

and it didnt work straight away so left it alone for around 10 minutes with the nwz device plugged in  and as the software eventually installed the charge light lit up on the cradle!! and is now functioning (so far)

pryor to doing this i also sprayed the cradle with 'servisol electrical cleaner' where the metal contacts meets the ear piece i sprayed those metal contacts too and rubbed them with a toothbrush then resprayed them and left them for 10 minutes,not sure if it did anything but i was desperate!also i gave the side with the metal contacts in a slight squeeze so the contacts get a little closer(not sure if it does anything but it seems to work for me)try sliding on and off the side with the metal contacts rapidly too

good luck let me know if it works for you

profile.country.GB.title
keithmanaton

Thanks... I've been working with the guy at Dapper and they now have software to totally manage the content on the Sony's that have the 'non' seemless disks. Dapper will now load and organise iTunes content without having to switch over etc. This is brillaint. Unfortunately they can't do anything about the split playlists on the device. That's a Sony problem!

Cheers