Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A25HN uploading music, comes up with 'unknown'

profile.country.GB.title
measles03
Explorer

NW-A25HN uploading music, comes up with 'unknown'

Hi,

Yesterday I uploaded music from my iTunes library to my brand new Sony NW-A25HN Walkman, fitted with a 128gb microSDX card (using the Content Transfer software). All the music was uploaded (eventually), but I found that quite a few tracks (100+) from loads of different artists and albums were placed in an 'unknown' section at the bottom of the songs/artists/albums lists. The tracks play normally, and include the time and the track name, but no other detail. This makes it quite difficult to navigate to a track via the conventional artist/album lists.

Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it? Is this a problem with my iTunes, my Walkman, the Content Transfer software or the track files themselves? (which I believe are in the mp3. format). I would appreciate any help or advice from fellow Sony users or from the Sony help team, as at the moment my Walkman is not performing the way I would like it to!

Thanks everybody

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @measles03and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Just out of interest are you using a Mac to transfer your songs from?

profile.country.GB.title
measles03
Explorer

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, I'm using a Macbook Pro (OSX 10.11.4).

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

It happens when the software you use to rip CD is not efficient for tagging your music files or that do not encrypt media info into the file.

For the files that have issue, did you rip it with iTunes?

profile.country.GB.title
measles03
Explorer

Hi, thanks for replying. The files that have issue come from my iTunes but they didn't necessarily come from CDs (I think the majority were downloaded from sites such as soundcloud so are not 'formal' per se). All the concerned files played normally and show up normally on iTunes library.

Thanks