Join now - be part of our community!

MEX-N5100BT Steering Stalk Control Issue

yasjooni
New

MEX-N5100BT Steering Stalk Control Issue

Hi someone can help.

I recently purchased the PC99-X07 and PC99-SON leads for my wife's new Sony MEX-N5100BT so that she could continue to use the standard MK1 Ford Focus steering stalk controls.

I connected the leads in the correct order as instructed and then switched on, at first there was no response but then read in the sony booklet that a re-assigning of the buttons may be required.

I entered the settings menu and came to 'STEERING CONTROLS' where it allowed me to register each button accordingly.

The only issue that I am having now is that once I have set the '+ volume' button it will then display an error message when I try to register the '- volume' button, if I reset and try again and then first set the '- volume' button, it will then not allow me to set the '+ volume' button, it is as if it can only recognise one button and I don't know if this is the lead configuration issue or an issue between Sony head unit and Ford stalk controls.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1

I have the same problem with a mercedes clk, one time i made it work but i forgot how. But i after i removed the car battery all settings were reset and i got the problem again.