Join now - be part of our community!

Windows 7 Upgrade

WCF
Visitor

Windows 7 Upgrade

I regret having to write this but I feel strongly that Sony is seriously letting down its customers and putting a confused message out to the market. I am referring to the cut off date of 26th June 2009 for any assistance on upgrading to Windows 7. I have a VGC-LT1S desktop I bought about 2 years ago. I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor and have been informed that the drivers for the graphics card and the tuners are not compatible. I then looked to Sony for upgrades to find they don't exist for such an old machine. I went to the manufacturers of the cards to be told, in the case if the tuners, that the commercial arrangement was that Sony would develop the drivers. So I and anyone else with a more than six month old system has been left high and dry by Sony. This is directly contrary to the message Sony projects through Club Vaio of wanting a long term relationship with its customers. It may be that Sony's financial problems have caused them to have such a short cut off or it may be that somebody in marketing thought this would generated new sales. It may do this but in my case for another manufacturer. Oh by the way if you are unfortunate enough to have a Sony laptop as I do that is 18 months old then the same lack of support applies, before 26th June 2009 Sony is not interested in helping you.

I urge all Sony desktop and laptop users to complain to Sony, to insist on a three year cutoff and if Sony don't agree to vote with our money and buy anything other than Sony.

3 REPLIES 3

I regret having to write this but I feel strongly that Sony is seriously letting down its customers and putting a confused message out to the market. I am referring to the cut off date of 26th June 2009 for any assistance on upgrading to Windows 7. I have a VGC-LT1S desktop I bought about 2 years ago. I ran the Windows 7 upgrade advisor and have been informed that the drivers for the graphics card and the tuners are not compatible. I then looked to Sony for upgrades to find they don't exist for such an old machine. I went to the manufacturers of the cards to be told, in the case if the tuners, that the commercial arrangement was that Sony would develop the drivers. So I and anyone else with a more than six month old system has been left high and dry by Sony. This is directly contrary to the message Sony projects through Club Vaio of wanting a long term relationship with its customers. It may be that Sony's financial problems have caused them to have such a short cut off or it may be that somebody in marketing thought this would generated new sales. It may do this but in my case for another manufacturer.  Oh by the way if you are unfortunate enough to have a Sony laptop as I do that is 18 months old then the same lack of support applies, before 26th June 2009 Sony is not interested in helping you. 

I urge all Sony desktop and laptop users to complain to Sony, to insist on a three year cutoff and if Sony don't agree to vote with our money and buy anything other than Sony.

I have to agrree my friend, I doubt there were many more pro Sony than me, but they are not very helpful nowadays. Don´t give up, get past the telephone robots and you will get support. Just don´t hold ya breath.

rocketman91
Visitor

wow good to see someone posting something ive been wanting to say ages ago.
i own a VGC-LM1E, and same here. no windows 7 drivers.
Its only been two and a half years?
cmon, sony can do better then this. Toshiba still updates their drivers for laptops older then 3 yrs old!
with windows 7 being more efficient then vista, end users save $$$ if they spend a few hour or so to develop drivers!
performance will increase and end users will be more happy.

they don't seem to understand that its a very good opportunity for them to keep hold of their customers.