Join now - be part of our community!

Where can I get a replacement battery for my Vaio CS11S? I phoned support but they were unhelpful and rude!?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
melthomp3
Visitor

Where can I get a replacement battery for my Vaio CS11S? I phoned support but they were unhelpful and rude!?

Where can I get a replacement battery for my Vaio CS11S? I've tried phone support but they were unhelpful and rude

!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm not sure who you contacted the first time because it does not appear to have been Vaio support..:smileyconfused:

The following day, someone called me back from head office, listened to my complaint, apologized and was able to sell me a replacement battery which he has assured me will be exactly the same size as my original part.

However glad someone from Vaio support has been able to assist in you buying a replacement battery..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi melthomp3,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Do you happen to have a reference number for your call with Vaio support.?

tonyhillside
Visitor

I would strongly recommend a quick ebay search.  I am sure that you will find what you want

and the prices will be far better than your requested source.  I have purchased several batteries

for different makes and models and not had any problems at all.  Just be careful that you are

buying and new battery with a warranty and not a pre-used one.

melthomp3
Visitor

Hi

I wasn't given a reference number for my call. I struggled to find the relevant support on the website and when I finally found a number to call, I had high hopes that finally I was on the right track. The salesman Andrew took my model number (more than once as he had admitted he hadn't written it down) and told me that the only battery that he could sell me had a larger capacity than my original battey and so would be 'convex'. When I asked him to describe how the battery would sit in my laptop, he clearly had no idea if the laptop would sit flat on desk, would still fit into a laptop skin, etc. He then aggressively snapped that 'look this is the only battery I can sell you' before I asked repeatedly to speak to a manager. When he came back on line to take my details, he patronisingly asked me if I understood what he was saying.

The following day, someone called me back from head office, listened to my complaint, apologized and was able to sell me a replacement battery which he has assured me will be exactly the same size as my original part.

So alls wells that ends well but why does Sony make it so difficult to buy a genuine part?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I'm not sure who you contacted the first time because it does not appear to have been Vaio support..:smileyconfused:

However glad someone from Vaio support has been able to assist in you buying a replacement battery..:smileyhappy: