Warranty without invoice

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IN.title
kannages
Visitor

Warranty without invoice

Hi,

I have bought my vaio VGN-FZ38M in London UK in March 2008,

from past couple of months I see lines appearing on my screen which are terrible. I have contacted nearest Vaio care, they said this is motherboard and graphics card problem they can replace this if we have Invoice as this is been covered in Warrenty for four years.

Last year I have disposed Invoice of my Vaio as the warrenty period of 1 Year has expired, I am not sure how to repair my Vaio, without warranty it would cost me approx 350 GBP or 25000 INR.

I am lost now and could not understand on how to repair my Vaio Laptop as I can get a new laptop with similar configuration with the repair cost, can you please suggest me an alternate option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kannages,

Assuming that you registered your Vaio, contact Vaio Link and explain the situation. You will have to call the out of warranty number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kannages,

Assuming that you registered your Vaio, contact Vaio Link and explain the situation. You will have to call the out of warranty number. From the UK the number is 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min).

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Hi Kannages. If you can go back to the reseller where you bought this from and maybe they still have a record of you buying it. Would be a good one to ask if it would be possible for them to generate one. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

nikkilim wrote:

Hi Kannages. If you can go back to the reseller where you bought this from and maybe they still have a record of you buying it. Would be a good one to ask if it would be possible for them to generate one.

As Kannages is in India and the reseller in London I don't think this is a sensible suggestion.

I would advise him to phone Vaio Support immediately before the 4 year deadline is passed.

:wink: