Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF13S0E overheating

profile.country.en_GB.title
dahargr31
Visitor

VPCF13S0E overheating

Hi

I bought a VPCF13S0E in November 2010 for gaming. Initially the laptop performed excellently as would be expected given the spec but lately is has started to severely lag (like 2 or 3 fps for periods) after it has been used for about 15 - 20 minutes, which coincides with the computer becoming very very hot, and the fan whirring loudly. Also noticed that when this happens the CPU maximum frequency in resource monitor drops to around 30 to 40 % (when it should be up at 100%) which would explain the lag.

Contacted Sony support but turns out they are only open between 09:00 and 18:00 which is totally unsuitable for anyone who works 9-5. Their representative suggested that I bring the computer into work to carry out the proposed testing - not sure my boss would appreciate that.

Have noticed a lot of overheating complaints on these forums and seems that Sony do not give a good response on this. This is my second Vaio and I also buy a lot of other Sony products for their quality and reliability. And on the odd occasion when their products fail I would expect good customer service but what I seemed to get was customer processing - my specific issue wasn't really being addressed and it was more a case of their representative following a predefined script of some initial testing eventually followed by a factory reset and then the hassle of reloading everything just to prove the problem is still there.

Would be good to here if other people are experiencing overheating problems with this model and what their experiences with Sony have been

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
SoufieneTUN
Visitor

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E and I am experiencing the same problem, it's my third Sony Vaio, and it will be the last. Sony Vaio support is useless, event their drivers update does not work, I have problems with LCD screen (magenta spots), with bluetooth, sony products has become completely rubbish and Sony should know that.