Join now - be part of our community!

VPCCB - Audio stuttering randomly

profile.country.en_GB.title
limilne
Visitor

VPCCB - Audio stuttering randomly

Hi there,

My VPCCB3C5E is 2 weeks old. I have noticed that when I watch something on YouTube or listen to music on iTunes that it makes a strange fast stuttering noise every 30 seconds or so. The noise is robotic and a bit tinny and lasts for about a second. I am finding it extremely irritating - especially when listening to music.

I have looked everywhere for a solution to this but have had no joy. Nothing else stutters on the computer ( ie, the screen doesn't freeze or stutter ). Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Lisa,

I remember, from a few years, ago that some enhancements caused this problem.

It’s possibly a long shot but worth looking into.

Open Control Panel > Sounds. On the Playback tab click Speaker/HP and then click Properties and, on the Enhancements tab, disable all sound effects.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
limilne
Visitor

Thanks for your response Rich. I had a look in my sounds/enhancements but the box was clear (not checked), so this doesn't appear to be the issue.....Pity!

Thanks again

Lisa

limilne
Visitor

I removed applications and files that I had moved from my old computer to this one and the problem has now disappeared. Result! Not sure what actually solved the problem....I used PCMover to transfer my stuff. I will add things individually now and see if I can find which app or file was causing the problem

Thanks for your help, Rich.

Lisa

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That's good news Lisa:smileyhappy:

Applications need to be installed on the new computer, not transfered - maybe that was the cause of the problem?

Also  it would be advisable to scan all files prior to transfer...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat