Join now - be part of our community!

Vista Recovery Center - DVD burning woes

Vista Recovery Center - DVD burning woes

Dear Club Vaio readers,

I cannot burn recovery DVDs.

I am running the preinstalled Vista Home Premium on a new VGN-FZ21S. I applied all latest Windows and VAIO Updates (even Spiderman 3 BR plays in WinDVD now).

I would like to create the recovery DVDs with VAIO Recovery Center due to bad experiences with hard drives in my past (I still sob uncontrollably sometimes).

When VAIO Recovery Center prompts me to insert a blank disk I happily obliged with DVD+/-Rs of various makes, including Sony's own. The "insert blank disk" prompt remains, pressing "OK" does not help either.

At the same time, explorer would happily like to burn stuff onto the DVD (for example a desktop.ini file to point out that it's an empty disk, indeed).

So I guess it's a conflict between Windows' inbuilt burning regime and the VAIO Recovery Center application. I turned off all Autoplay features in the Control Panel, but alas, nothing helps.

I would like to know if anyone here had similar issues, or even knows a remedy.

Cheers and a happy New Year!

P.S: The VAIO is straight from the factory, I hope that invalidates "run a reinstall from the recovery partition" argument

1 REPLY 1

btw, I do have the latest VAIO recovery center version (the 1.....7 mentioned in another thread on this board).

I appreciate any help!

Cheers!