Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FE41M Camera Problem --- again

dennisgoehmann
Visitor

VGN-FE41M Camera Problem --- again

Hi all,

I know, this is quite known problem. But since I couldn't find a proper thread I started a new one. Hope it' ok.
So, it's the old problem: camera works like charm. But only once for every session. I've seen in another thread that there's an Vista update on the esupport website to solve this problem.
Unfortunately...not for my model. Is it possible to use this update anyway?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You don't say what you have tried already?

This has been a constant problem since day 1 of Vista.

The solution seems to work for most users but unfortunately not for everyone.

The official fix is in two parts - one from the Sony end and one from the Microsoft end.

A. Sony have issued a new Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version 2.2.01.04100 which is available for your model from Sony Support FE41M

B. Microsoft have issued Hotfix KB931812 specifically for this problem as the second part of the fix. I attach a copy of this Hotfix at the bottom of this post.

If these fixes don't work for you then you have a choice of: -

1. live with the problem of the camera only working once per session and pray for an ultimate solution in the future
2. carry out a full recovery of your Vaio back to factory settings
3. contact Sony Support to see if they can fix it

:wink:

dennisgoehmann
Visitor

Hi!
Thx for your help so far. Unfortunately I Can't install Vaio Camera Capture Utility Version 2.2.01.04100. It seems that it just de-installs the original version.
Tried several possibilities. So I removed all camera software and reinstalles after that.
Now the camera doesn't work at all anymore.
I'll try to install the original software again and after that I'll install Hotfix KB931812.
Hope it works.
BTW: why haven't there been any vaio update in the last weeks? Does Sony believe their notebooks run perfectly fine? Very unhappy user here...