Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AW21M sound card problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
brittlejester
Explorer

VGN-AW21M sound card problem?

Hi,
I recently bought a VGN-AW21M , it is a very good laptop on the whole, it came with Vista but it qualified for the "free" ( note the use of inverted commas ) Upgrade to Win 7. Anyway, the upgrading was painless enough and Win 7 is MUCH better than Vista, but I find I have a slight problem. Say I want to voice / video chat using MSN or Skype, sometimes I get the dreaded "This programme is not responding" message . It only happens if I try and use voice /video chat. Often if I do a reboot it solves it. I now find that as soon as I start the PC I automatically check using the MSN or Skype Audio and Video Setup wizard to see if it works. I click on audio and sometimes it does first time, but sometimes not and the programme freezes so I have to reboot Grrr! it can be annoying. BTW I am using a Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks for both the video and microphone set up( Yes, the built in webcam that came with the laptop is crap, let's not kid ourselves, they all are.
Anybody got any suggestions what my problem might be and how to solve it?
TIA

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Don't know the answer but are you using the original software loaded in Vista or have you tried reinstalling the camera software post Windows 7?

Some software does not go through the upgrade program well!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/2989&cl=roeu,en?osid=13

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
brittlejester
Explorer

Don't know the answer but are you using the original software loaded in Vista or have you tried reinstalling the camera software post Windows 7?

Some software does not go through the upgrade program well!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/2989&cl=roeu,en?osid=13

:thinking:

Yes I did actually. I don't think it is the cam. I think it is something to do in the speakers /sound card dept.I just tried the audio / video wizard with Skype, the cam works perfectly, the microphone that is built into the cam also works, but then when I do the "Test call" , It freezes up "This programme is not responding". Often , one or sometimes 2 re-boots and everything is normal again! "Hello, welcome to the skype call testing service blah blah blah...."