Join now - be part of our community!

VGC-LN1M display problems

RobB400
Visitor

VGC-LN1M display problems

Hi, ive a display problem with my computer. What ive found is that the display is randomly switching between the PC input and the HDMI input and is causing the screen to go odd. Initially i couldnt see anything, but after a few restarts and switching it off at the wall plug, i managed to get it to show something.

I also managed to get the computer to run a diagnostic but wasnt long before it started switching between the PC and HDMI inputs, the screen went funny, and couldnt see anything at all. The few times ive been able to get into windows normally it hasnt been long before the display goes and the computer freezes.

a few pictures

Its still in warranty/guarantee, and will be calling sony on monday to see what can be done.

Meanwhile, has anyone any ideas? I suspect the graphics card but checked this in device manager and says it is working properly, as is the monitor.

4 REPLIES 4
RobB400
Visitor

P.S. also when i actually managed to get into windows i also checked for recent drivers for display and they are up to date.

RobB400
Visitor

managed to get back into windows and have updated via vaio update. Only a control centre to install.

Also updated with windows update, nothing important to install.

kfoggo
Visitor

Hey I hope you got this sorted. I've got the same the pc, and it got stuck on the HDMI function some months ago, it just would not switch back. Had to send it to SONY to be repaired which took a while, but it was fixed.

RobB400
Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. It seems to be sorted now. It went a whole week and only happened once, so a bit random. Just for some reason that weekend it didnt like me :laughing:

The switching between the HDMI is what made the screen go funny like that, im sure.

I did a full re-install about 3 weeks ago now, and ive not had any problems since then, so hoping it was a software issue thats now been resolved with the re-install.