Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VPCF12SIE charger or DC pin problem?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Plambert87
Visitor

Vaio VPCF12SIE charger or DC pin problem?

Hi guys, I have had a Sony for quite some time now, and I've never been too happy with it if I'm honest, but after numerous problems over and over I now have another.

Over the last few weeks I have had a problem where the jack that fits into the laptop seems really loose and the only way I've seemed to sort it is if I've get a pair of tweezers and lifted a little plate within the DC part up, which then makes the connection stronger. This is fine but the charger pin when plugged in can get really hot, so after reading on the forums I read that the charger is probably broken and is sending too much charge. So I bought a new charger and the same happend again. The jack of late has been getting that hot, that it has actually melted the glue within the pin which is really now starting to worry me.

I don't know if I need to change the DC pin or the charger. I have found a DC that I have ordered so hopefully that will solve the problem, but if it is not that, then could it be anything else?

Apart from that, the laptop seems to be fine, apart from it can get amazingly hot which I have read is normal, but a bit dissapointing being the quality it should.

On a side note, has anybody opend up one of these laptops, and are they easy to fix?

Also, the pin doesnt get hot if I charge at night while the laptop is off/in sleep mode, so it only does it while on

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Plambert87
Visitor

Some additional information. Once the laptop is at 100% charge, the pin doesn't over heat, it stays at a cool temperature.