Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Stopped Detecting Ethernet Cable

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bjf02031986
Visitor

Vaio Stopped Detecting Ethernet Cable

Hi,

I live in student halls where only have connection to the internet via Ethernet cables and for some reason it seems to have stopped detecting the cable.  I remember I had the same problem when I arrived and I think we eventually resolved it by disabling then re-enabling the adapter, but this time that doesn't seem to have solved it.  It also seems to have been triggered this time by a Windows (7) update, but doing a system restore doesn't resolve it.  The cable and wall socket both work and I've tried my laptop in different rooms but it still won't detect a cable.  I've checked device manager and everything seems to be functioning properly.  Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Thanks!

Edit: Strangely  just tried plugging it in a work and it detected it after disabling then re-enabling it, so it's definitely not a hardware issue

Message was edited by: bjf02031986

Message was edited by: bjf02031986

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bjf02031986 wrote:

Edit: Strangely  just tried plugging it in a work and it detected it after disabling then re-enabling it, so it's definitely not a hardware issue

Hi bjf02031986,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm glad you were able to resolve your ethernet problem..:smileycool:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
nikkilim
Visitor

Hi. Try setting speed and duplex your ethernet card to Speed and Duplex: 10Mbps, Half Duplex.

This is under change adapter settings. https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

bjf02031986 wrote:

Hi bjf02031986,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I'm glad you were able to resolve your ethernet problem..:smileycool: