Join now - be part of our community!

vaio rescue tool ar 51su

profile.country.en_IE.title
dazagro19
Visitor

vaio rescue tool ar 51su

Hi all,
I performed a data rescue using Vaio Recovery center (5x dvd dl). Now I would like to restore data after reformat, but how? When i run Vaio data Restore Rool from vista and insert first disc, it says the rescue data desnt exist in specified folder! Even though I cancel and choose "cancel search and rescue data file" (i suppose its RescueFileList.rft). So I tried to copy my data manually but files are incomplete, on each disc is a thousand folders called "irregular".

So, am I so stupid or there is something wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
Mikelll
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem!! Do you found a solution for it?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Vaio Recovery Environment is brand new and you are the first to use it. The rest of us haven't seen it - so help from this forum is perhaps unlikely.

I will report it to Sony and see if they have an answer.

:slight_frown:

dazagro19
Visitor

Guys, listen to me;-)
In my case backup took 5 dvd's dl - I numbered them 1 (first burned disc) to 5 (last one, just ~2GB). Stupid me i thought in order to restore my stuff I should run Vaio Restore Center and insert the first disc - but no! It turned out always the last disc (my 5th dvd) is the disc you should run as the first and only one. When you insert your last disc it will launch automatically - then you are ready to restore. You have an option to full restore or can choose folders to be restored, and restore tool will prompt for a proper disc number.
In my opinion its a bit silly - imagine you are recsuing 50 gb of data and there something wrong happens during burning your last, say 9th disc. You lost about 4-5 hours of waiting and about half of your data if you wanted to copy them manually.
BTW, fortunatelly i restored my stuff (after iTunes + Raid0 disaster, thats another story..)

Cheers

dhansoia
Visitor

Just a question: Did you need 5 DVD Dual Layer discs to create the recovery discs from recovery center. On my 51SU, I was prompted for 2 DVD DL or 3 DVD SL.

dazagro19
Visitor

Just a question: Did you need 5 DVD Dual Layer discs to create the recovery discs from recovery center. On my 51SU, I was prompted for 2 DVD DL or 3 DVD SL.

I needed 5 DL disc for rescuing my data after RAID0 matrix crash.
For system recovery discs 2 DVD SL.

dhansoia
Visitor

sorry once again, how did you create rescue disc's. Is it entire system backup in the recovery center (I guess the first option).

dazagro19
Visitor

You need to run your computer from recovery discs.