Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Recovery

profile.country.en_GB.title
Eddiexx
Visitor

Vaio Recovery

Unfortunately my Vaio got infected with a virus which I couldn,t get rid of so decided to format the hdd and re-install the op system Vista home premium from the recovery discs I had created in 2010.When I click on either restore c: or restore complete system it takes me to the option to restore c and continue which I agree to their license and click next it then returns an error 403 and thats as far as i get. Have tried an earlier restore set of discs created in 2009 which do the same. As an experiment I tried my recovery disc from my other laptop a toshiba this installs and works but fails athentication with microsoft. Have tried my rescue discs again but same result. Haven,t got much hair left now so any help appreciated.

Thanking you Regards Eddie

computer VGN-NS10E

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Eddie,

Error 403 is displayed when you choose any option other than "Recover Complete System".  Restore drive C: is an invalid action on a newly formatted drive.  Have a look at the Knowledgebase article here: -

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=C1000995&sliceId=3&mdl=VGNSZ780U

Are you choosing 'Skip' after Recover Complete System?

:thinking: