Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad Nightmare!!!

moggerz
Visitor

Touchpad Nightmare!!!

Hi guys -wonder if you would be able to help this newbie!!

Havving a real mare with my bl~~~~~y touchpad and not being able to turn it off!!!! I cant find any help anywhere to resolve this issue. :cry:

you know the problem - ur typing in word and suddenly a chunk is highlighed and dissapears or ur typing and u end up typing in the wrong place .....almost like magic!
well all of that was annoying until it managed to actualy close my word document without saving the changes.

Anyway - it doesnt seem to have an option (eg to stop ?'tapping') under mouse in control panel. I cant seem to local it under the device manager ...and appart from annoying me intensly when in any of office suites (esp word) -it is actually working fine.

any solutions?????

cheers

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi moggerz and welcome to Club Vaio.

If it is a Synaptics touchpad right clicking the system tray icon should show an option to turn off tap to click. There should also be an option in Notebook setup (or Notebook Control) to turn off the touchpad completely.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
moggerz
Visitor

Hi Rich thanks for the tip.

but yes there SHOULD be all of that but there isnt for some reason. In fact there should be an option under mouse in control panel - but there isnt.

I have managed to get round it by installing the drivers for a like US model (mine is UK - T1XP/L ...use ??714 or T14 cant remember) either way it work a treat. I seem to remember this optino being there when i first had the machine but for some reason it has dissapeared.

I even called VAIO support who where clueless. well to be fair the us one was helpful but said "sorry cant see the drivers specific for ur machine ...unfort u have to call the UK" - prob was US 24/7, UK 9-5!!

anyway gripe over .....for the mo
:laughing:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Moggerz,

I’m pleased to hear that you have found a solution. If you want the correct drivers for your model you will find them in the pre-installed drivers at Vaio-Link.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat