Join now - be part of our community!

SVD1322Z9EB keyboard backlight

1eyedjack
Explorer

SVD1322Z9EB keyboard backlight

1) How does the computer detect that it is in "low-light conditions"? The camera light is not on.  Is there some other detector? Or does the camera sometimes work when light not on (worried about that if so).

2) Is there a way to configure/adjust the point at which "low-light conditions" are satisfied?

3) When powered by battery, it is configured to switch on backlight automatically when in low-light conditions.  It used to do this but recently I can only get the backlight to come on when settings are changed to "always on".  This is not a problem if plugged into the mains, but is inconvenient when on battery, as I have to manually switch the backlight on and off using Vaio Control centre at present.  Any ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi,

1) yes there is a ambient sensor and it is located to the right of the webcam at the top of your vaio's screen surround.

2) I do not think there is an option available to adjust the low light sensitivity but if you cover the sensor then this would probably cause the keyboard to illuminate.

3) Hopefully this is just a setting change that is causing your backlight problem and not a hardware issue. Have you changed the power plan recently or does changing the power plan enable the keyboard to work as expected?

When looking at the keyboard settings in Vaio Control Panel is there an option to select default settings?