Join now - be part of our community!

SR39VN/S

b18c
Visitor

SR39VN/S

HI everyone
i am delighted to join this forum and recently bought asony vaio laptop(sr39vn/s)and

I,ve got a question abt my laptop battery there is little movement after you clicked in is that normal for vaio laptop? iam sure i fitted the battery correctly. if not normal is it something wrong with the design?
any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi b18c and welcome to Club Vaio.

I cannot recall any posts about this problem before - perhaps another SR user can comment. In the meantime, perhaps a small amount of packing with something that will not melt?

If you don't get any response from other SR owners and you are still uneasy, I would telephone Sony Support and ask them for advice.

Click on 'Support' at the top of this page and enter your Vaio model - then click on 'Get in Touch'.

:slight_frown:

b18c
Visitor

thank you for your advice and it could be the design of the laptop to prevent damaging the battery pin

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi b18c,

if you've the time you could visit a local stockist check if the display models battery has the same amount of movement as you've noticed on your SR39VN.?

b18c
Visitor

Hi b18c,
yer that,s good idea and i sent a message to sony support so let wait and see what they had to say
Thanks
if you've the time you could visit a local stockist check if the display models battery has the same amount of movement as you've noticed on your SR39VN.?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

yer that,s good idea and i sent a message to sony support so let wait and see what they had to say
Thanks

You're welcome, please let us know what sony support have to say.?

b18c
Visitor

i went to the sony store to check if other laptop(same model) does the same. yer it does but mine has bit more movement than that. i checked Z series and no movement at all. it might be a common problem on this model. i,ii update once i ,ve got confirmation from sony. if any has a same model i,d love to hear from you

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks for the update.. :slight_smile:

b18c
Visitor

yer I spoke to sony and they said its not a common problem on this model. unfortunately its only for my laptop and i put the blame on the people who designed it. it say made in china.
when i bought from the retailer it was in the box unopened. who knows someone might have used before? or diplay one put back in the box.

b18c
Visitor

yer I spoke to sony and they said its not a common problem on this model. unfortunately its only for my laptop and i put the blame on the people who designed it. it say made in china.
when i bought from the retailer it was in the box unopened. who knows someone might have used before? or diplay one put back in the box.

everything sorted very good service from sony repair centre(vaio link)