Join now - be part of our community!

Sony, VISTA drivers PLEASE...

profile.country.GB.title
clash-city-rocker

Sony, VISTA drivers PLEASE...

RC1 will be avilable for 5,000,000 testers. Are you seriously not releaseing beta drivers so we can play with vista on our laptiops?

I have a Vaio FS-295XP, less than a year old. The power management stuff does not work in vista, nor the sound, I have to use hacked NVidia drivers.

Sony really need to sack their PR people. They are really bad at it.

Support for my Vaio has been really bad, My NW-A3000 walkman was totally useless for 6 months after I bought it, until they sorted out software, the PS3 has ben delayed another 4 months.

Sony need to keep customers on their side. Annoying them by holding back beta drivers does not keep customers on your side. .
Will my next laptop be a Vaio? On my Sony experience so far, not a chance...

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

With you there, but I have heard rumours that Vista drivers are on their way, but don't hold your breath

frannys
Visitor

I have RC1 on my Fe11M and it runs fine without anything from Sony.Everything is already in Vista.Power Management is controlled by Windows and works normal.Sound is on and fully functional,even the Volume buttons work too.

TheTurk
Visitor

hey
would u please tell me how did u manage to work the sound buttons and all in vista??

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

Yeah I'd also like to know how well RC1 works on a Vaio! I installed Vista a couple of builds ago on my A series but the power saving features didnt work (as a result: hot laptop), the hardware buttons didnt work, there was no brightness control, standby and hibernation was broken, and the memory stick drive didnt work either.

I'm considering installing RC1 in the next week or two, especially if it sounds like the power saving features now work.

And lets campaign for some official (beta) drivers!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I see your point but I'm not convinced that Sony should be plowing resources into drivers for an operating system that is only in Beta stage.

kee-lo_

It's important that they get a head start Jumpy - they really need to have stable and working drivers for the big day when Vista arrives. They'd be left with egg on their faces if they didn't, and a lot of critical views on the forum

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'm sure they're working on them for the official release date.
Who knows how the final version of Vista will vary from the Beta.

profile.country.GB.title
clash-city-rocker

Hi, there is a newer build availble from Microsoft, which works MUCh better than RC1 on my FS-295XP.

Also, there is a new update on Windows Update for it.

"Sony Corporation driver update for Sony Notebook Control Device
This driver was provided by Sony Corporation for support of Sony Notebook Control Device
"

However, still can't control the screen brightness using the keyboard, nor does the screen powersave when on batteries.

the latest build 5728 can be downloaded here:

http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/rc1/en/download-5728.htm

Anyone know how to get the screen power management and keyboard hotkeys to work?

kee-lo_

That sounds like Sony Notebook Control - which used to monitor heat and fan speed